Experience Leaders Circle
Designed from the vision and extensive input of The Beryl Institute community, the Experience Leaders Circle (XLC) brings together senior-level experience leaders for connection, learning, conversation and sharing in a safe, confidential, supportive and affirmative environment.
XLC members meet virtually as outlined below. In addition, members have access to a virtual infrastructure for connection between meetings. Members generate a comprehensive and dynamic repository of information on experience strategy, structure, and solutions for shared learning and discussion.
Who is eligible to join?
XLC participation is open to senior-level experience leaders (Chief Experience Officer, VP Experience roles, etc.) in healthcare delivery organizations who are members of The Beryl Institute community. The XLC is comprised of one representative per participating organization.
Is there a fee to participate?
There is a $3,000 annual fee for 2023 (January to December), which includes the items listed below as well as any related meeting costs (materials, meals). Participants are responsible for all travel arrangements and expenses for any in-person meetings held.
What does participation in XLC include?
2023 participation fee includes:
- XLC Check-ins. These meetings are held twice a month and allow for direct conversation on current and relevant issues for XLC members. All check-in meetings have archived notes shared with the full XLC.
- Quarterly XLC Half-Day Meetings. The quarterly meetings allow for deeper learning and discussion among members and comprehensive conversations on critical issues of importance to XLC members. In 2023, there will be two virtual meetings and two in person sessions, one which will take place at ELEVATE PX in March of 2023 and the other in the second half of the year depending on health/safety considerations.
- Full registration to ELEVATE PX, the global patient experience event.
- Access to the exclusive XLC Repository of notes and shared processes, programs and policies.
Who are the current members?
Each year since 2020, senior-level experience leaders from over 40 leading healthcare organizations have committed to participate in the Experience Leaders Circle. Members represent healthcare systems, hospitals, comprehensive cancer centers and senior living organizations in the United States and abroad.
Are there guidelines for participation?
Members agree to adhere to the Experience Leaders Circle Rules of Engagement:
- The XLC is a community of individuals committed to sustained and purposeful connection, learning, conversation and sharing in a supportive and affirmative environment.
- The XLC is a safe and confidential environment where the ideas and information discussed are focused solely on our collective improvement and are not to be shared or attributed to members or their organizations outside the circle.
- The XLC is not a place for product or solution promotion, but rather collective support, shared creation and solution development.
- The XLC as a learning environment does not advocate or look to speak as one voice (other outlets in the Institute community provide that opportunity), rather the XLC holds a safe place for divergent ideas and perspectives that can benefit all members of the group.
- Members commit to participate in and foster an environment of collaboration and an open sharing of ideas.
- Members come with a willingness to hear, listen to and strive to understand all perspectives.
- Members commit to honor and support civil discourse among members and others and recognize this is reflected in positive and constructive interactions, not negative and destructive communications.
- Membership in XLC is at the discretion of The Beryl Institute and if it is deemed a member is in violation of any of these principles, membership can be revoked.
If you are interested in learning how you can become part of the Experience Leaders Circle, please contact email@example.com or 866.488.2379.
2023 Participating Organizations Include:
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
El Camino Health
Lehigh Valley Health Network
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Methodist Health System
Northwest Community Healthcare
St. Luke's University Healthcare Network
Stanford Health Care
University of Maryland- Upper Cheapeake Health
University of Maryland - Saint Joseph Medical Center
University of Missouri Health Care
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Wellstar Health System